TERMS AND CONDITIONS – FURNISH MY APARTMENT 2020
FMA DEVELOPMENT SPECIFIC FURNITURE PACKAGE TERMS OF SALE
1. The purchaser (which includes you, any agent representing you, and or/or any guarantor) hereby purchase from Furnish My Apartment (FMA ABN 44 582 048651) the goods referred to in the selected furniture package inventory, which includes all items, articles, accessories and documents supplied with the goods, as specified by these terms and conditions.
2. Package costs/fees and payments : 50% Deposit is required upon booking confirmation with balance of payment owing on the order due three business days prior for delivery to proceed. At the time of payment of deposit all items, designs, brands, colours and quantity of items are accepted within the selected package. Deposits are non-refundable. FMA may at its absolute discretion offer a credit adjusted for all associated FMA cost including but not limited to restocking fees, delivery and transport costs and administrative fees. Any changes by the purchaser to furniture package selected after the order is placed will incur any associated additional costs and may impact on delivery times.
3 .Payment options: Credit Card and Direct Transfer. All prices are quoted in AUD. Credit cards will be processed in Australia. Fees for payment by credit card will apply. The client is responsible for any international transfer or exchange fees associated with their purchase method.
4. Availability: All items are subject to availability at time of order. Some items and finishes may vary depending on floor plans supplied. If items are not available due to circumstances out of FMA’s control, FMA will source a “for like” product of similar quality. Bookings and lead times for orders are subject to availability and may change. All goods remain the property of FMA until final payment is received.
5. Access/ Delivery : FMA will arrange all aspects of the delivery and installation of your furniture package.
The Purchaser should ensure:
FMA is authorised to be on site
The property has been completed and cleaned
FMA is provided with keys, security passes, codes etc
Lifts are operational
The property is lockable
6. Use: The client agrees to take and use the goods at their own risk. Furnish My Apartment is not liable for any direct or indirect loss arising from your use of the goods or any damage to, or defect in, the goods. You indemnify us against any claims against us arising from your hire or use of the goods. Furnish My Apartment will take all reasonable care to ensure furniture is placed and removed from your property without damage, however, we will not be responsible or liable from any damages that can occur from moving furniture in and out of properties. Furnish My Apartment retain the right to use the photographs taken on our website.
7. Warranties: Our Goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the Goods repaired or replaced if the Goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Furniture items are given a 12 month warranty from date of installation, excluding wear and tear. Appliance and electronic manufacturers warranties are to be activated by registration by purchasers. 7.1 Warranties do not apply to: – defects or damage resulting from negligence, abuse or misuse, including (but not limited to) inadequate or improper maintenance, exposure to water, direct sunlight, salt air, chemicals, accidents, any use for which the product was not designed nor does it cover ordinary wear-and-tear; – the fabric or leather coverings of goods or furniture or cane/wicker furniture (unless the terms of sale expressly say so); – any failure by you to follow the care instructions or manufacturer’s instructions or specifications; -if a product is relocated from its original delivery location by transporters not approved by FMA or the relocation caused damage due to improper packaging and transporting; -any furniture which has been exposed to Extreme Use (Extreme Use is damage caused by more than ‘normal wear and tear;’ or spills such as acid, solvents, dyes, or other corrosive materials, ink, paint or body fluids; moisture of any kind, improper cleaning techniques or placing furniture outdoors, in close proximity to heat or in direct sunlight); -any work or installation carried out on the item by a contractor or third party not approved in writing by FMA. 7.2 Remedies & Solutions FMA cannot give an exact timeframe by which a product will be repaired (if capable of repair) but will do so (if capable of repair) within a reasonable time. Remedies Certain legislation, including Schedule (2) of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010, imply guarantees and impose obligations upon FMA, which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. Where such statutory provisions apply to the extent which FMA is entitled to do so, its liability shall be limited at its option to; (i) in the case of supply of Goods, the replacement of the Goods or supply of equivalent Goods; or (ii) the payment of the cost of replacing the Goods or acquiring equivalent Goods; or (iii) the payment of the cost of having the Goods repaired; or (iv) the repair of the Goods. Where such statutory provisions apply and to the extent to which FMA is entitled to do so, its liability shall be limited at its option in the case of the supply of services, to: (i) the supply of the services again; or (ii) payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
7. COVID 19 RESTRICTIONS : FMA have taken measures to mitigate the effects of COVID 19 virus on supply and delivery of furniture packages. Federal and State government restrictions may impact on availability of products and services. Any order is therefore subject to change without notice. FMA will endeavour to communicate any changes to product or delivery dates that may be required.